Natural Selection 2 Maps

Comment on the news articles here.

Postby Hellraz0r on Fri May 11, 2007 8:20 am

I'd be very interested.
Hellraz0r
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby DarkDemonenator on Fri May 11, 2007 5:00 pm

Don't worry about your name being in a game, at most you might see your name in the scrolling credits no one watchs. It will only be usefull if you ever try to get a lowpaying cubical job making maps for some low bid game company that makes movie or disney games.

Good way to start out, but its not like you found a pot of gold. Just make a map and try for the money.
I'll laugh forever.
DarkDemonenator
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby DarkDemonenator on Fri May 11, 2007 5:01 pm

Last night I made 5 maps with the developer textures and sent them in. Come on guys get in gear!
I'll laugh forever.
DarkDemonenator
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Simon on Fri May 11, 2007 6:20 pm

you might want to actually link to the mapcore tread
Simon
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby t3nacious on Sat May 12, 2007 1:58 am

DarkDemonenator wrote:Don't worry about your name being in a game, at most you might see your name in the scrolling credits no one watchs. It will only be usefull if you ever try to get a lowpaying cubical job making maps for some low bid game company that makes movie or disney games.

Good way to start out, but its not like you found a pot of gold. Just make a map and try for the money.

Way to be an optimist. It's people with attitudes like you who sit around at low paying, boring start-up companies, making emails like this to insult those more enthusiastic than yourself. For people who actually understand success, motivation and hard work are key, no matter how small the short term reward is.

Besides, it's not important to have your name in the credits. It's important to build a collection of professional references. This is quite the opportunity for people starting out.

PS: It seems you are a bit mis-informed about the games industry. Most companies dealing with movie licenses or trademark characters are making a whole lot more money than the companies who make the games you're probably playing. Afterall, G rated equals G money.
t3nacious
Regular
Regular

Postby SlappyBag on Sat May 12, 2007 1:31 pm

I'm going to work my ass off on this, and I'll probs PM those few that I trust for crits on my design when its finished.
SlappyBag
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mr. Happy on Sat May 12, 2007 8:06 pm

t3nacious wrote:
DarkDemonenator wrote:Don't worry about your name being in a game, at most you might see your name in the scrolling credits no one watchs. It will only be usefull if you ever try to get a lowpaying cubical job making maps for some low bid game company that makes movie or disney games.

Way to be an optimist. It's people with attitudes like you who sit around at low paying, boring start-up companies, making emails like this to insult those more enthusiastic than yourself. For people who actually understand success, motivation and hard work are key, no matter how small the short term reward is.

Besides, it's not important to have your name in the credits. It's important to build a collection of professional references. This is quite the opportunity for people starting out.

PS: It seems you are a bit mis-informed about the games industry. Most companies dealing with movie licenses or trademark characters are making a whole lot more money than the companies who make the games you're probably playing. Afterall, G rated equals G money.

Don't even bother reading this douche's nonsense
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Habboi on Sun May 13, 2007 3:25 pm

I already did and it's the best thing I've heard all day.

What a brilliant opportunity.
http://www.habboi.co.uk - Habboi's Portfolio

3D Art Director working on indie title "A Hat in Time" by Gears for Breakfast.
http://hatintime.com/
Habboi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Chicken64 on Thu May 17, 2007 11:43 am

What a great opportunity for a mapper like me? I'm always passionate about mapping & this is what I badly needed
Dont take life too seriously; No one gets out alive
Chicken64
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Site News