Chet speaks about the new L4D2 DLC: The Passing

Comment on the news articles here.

Re: Chet speaks about the new L4D2 DLC: The Passing

Postby Haaska on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:17 pm

no00dylan wrote:Oh, also, if l4d3 picks up with the old survivors, who will take over Bill's role, or are the DLCs not considered cannon?

Who said there would be L4D3? I belive 2 is the last one, as it has pretty much everything the game requires. Enough working infected, good themes and amount of content for fans to make their own stuff etc. And the DLC for first L4D is going to tell the story how the characters got to The Passing. Maybe the dying character gets killed after the finale with a nice cutscene?

Also, it was stated that Valve will release a comic about The Passing and the unnamed DLC, so that might also show the death scene. Who knows. Just pointing this all out, dunno why actually ;D
I call it DMV. Call it pointless~~
Haaska
Regular
Regular

Postby no00dylan on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Haaska wrote:
no00dylan wrote:Oh, also, if l4d3 picks up with the old survivors, who will take over Bill's role, or are the DLCs not considered cannon?

Who said there would be L4D3? I belive 2 is the last one, as it has pretty much everything the game requires. Enough working infected, good themes and amount of content for fans to make their own stuff etc. And the DLC for first L4D is going to tell the story how the characters got to The Passing. Maybe the dying character gets killed after the finale with a nice cutscene?

Also, it was stated that Valve will release a comic about The Passing and the unnamed DLC, so that might also show the death scene. Who knows. Just pointing this all out, dunno why actually ;D

I'm pretty sure there will be a l4d3... people want more, more content, more story, more everything. I know l4d3 wont be coming out for quite a while, but I'm almost 100% sure it will happen.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Phott on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:11 pm

no00dylan wrote:I'm pretty sure there will be a l4d3... people want more, more content, more story, more everything. I know l4d3 wont be coming out for quite a while, but I'm almost 100% sure it will happen.

Dude, people want more stuff but not a new game, Valve would be stupid to do a third game because that would create even worse reactions from all l4d/l4d2 players. There is new content coming and it's in their DLCs.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Zipfinator on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:13 pm

I really wouldn't mind an L4D3 before Q2 or Q3 2011 to be honest as long as it's new characters and environments like the change from L4D to L4D2.
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby no00dylan on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Phott wrote:
no00dylan wrote:I'm pretty sure there will be a l4d3... people want more, more content, more story, more everything. I know l4d3 wont be coming out for quite a while, but I'm almost 100% sure it will happen.

Dude, people want more stuff but not a new game, Valve would be stupid to do a third game because that would create even worse reactions from all l4d/l4d2 players. There is new content coming and it's in their DLCs.

As I said, not for quite awhile, maybe within the next 2 to 7 years. I doubt people will complain if the game isn't released within a year.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MayheM on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:56 pm

I am throwing it out there since everyone is saying it will be Bill to die. I personally think it will be Francis. Here is why... As much as everyone likes him in the original game, from a story point of view it would be out of character for him to sacrifice himself thus making it more surprising.

As for them making a L4D3, I can see them doing that. However it will be a few years down the road and likely use an updated or new version of source. Being that EP3 will obviously come out before another L4D there will be many upgrades to what we have seen in source before.

Obviously this is all speculation but it stands to reason given the success of the first two games they would eventually expand upon it.
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Zabiela on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Zipfinator wrote:I really wouldn't mind an L4D3 before Q2 or Q3 2011 to be honest as long as it's new characters and environments like the change from L4D to L4D2.

I agree, mostly because I found L4D2's atmosphere to be shite compared to the original game- The voice actors are comedians, two thirds of the environments aren't scary at all, the music was original but sucked for atmosphere...
If they make L4D3, all I hope is that they focus on the HORROR aspect of these games. No more banjos, no more cracking jokes about ellis being jockeyed... I want serious blood curdling horror themes- dark scary environments, creepy music, actors that act like theyre scared.

The loss of the atmospheric aspects meant more to me than the addition of melee, new SI, new weapons, and new crescendos, so I eagerly await a revision.
Zabiela
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Zipfinator on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:07 pm

I'm fine with more comedy aspects being added into the game because it lightens things up a bit, but I do agree that they took it a bit too far along with taking away the feelings that the first game's music added to the gameplay. There really aren't many edge of your seat moments in L4D2 when you compare it to L4D. Hopefully they can find a better balance between them in The Passing and L4D3 if they are going to make one (I have no idea why they wouldn't).
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MayheM on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:51 pm

I could defiantly see music like "Godspeed You Black Emperor" being in the game. I would be opposed to them putting some dumb ass death metal in it going with the assumption that loud and hard music is scary. Godspeed did all the music from 28 days later. It is some creepy shit it given the right visual treatment. It also has a natural building element to it where the music is soft and slow at times then builds to a frantic pace. I feel it would lend itself very well to the game.

As for the rest of it, I think the insert of humor is not a bad thing, though it could be a bit less then what it is in L4D2. What I really would love to see though is some additional big bosses like Tanks. The key is making them fit into the game well. The one thing they did a great job on when they made L4D2 was they looked at the way people played the first game and added things to make people change the way they played. They need to add more special infected, even if that means they have to eliminate some of the ones from the original.

Whatever they do, I am looking forward to the new DLC.
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby amckern on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Armageddon wrote:I didn't know Adam Foster did the portal update that's awesome.

I suspect that you never read Adam Fosters hyperbool blog then?
NightFall Source Code - http://nightfallmod.com
amckern
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Phott on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:15 am

Francis dying? Didn't someone say that it was either Bill or Louis?
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby source-maps on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Phott wrote:Francis dying? Didn't someone say that it was either Bill or Louis?

I put my money on bill
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby source-maps on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:10 am

I heard about 2 new game modes? :)

http://www.l4d.com/blog/

edit: didn't notice the double post
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:18 am

Two survivor teams battling each other in the zombie apocalypse. Zombie Team Deathmatch is one new game mode.

Here's the sweet video. It looks like everybody deals mega-damage to survivors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby no00dylan on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 am

joe_rogers_11155 wrote:Two survivor teams battling each other in the zombie apocalypse. Zombie Team Deathmatch is one new game mode.

Here's the sweet video. It looks like everybody deals mega-damage to survivors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

piece of shit rickroller
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Site News