New Hacker on steam

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

New Hacker on steam

Postby SwampyTurtle on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:43 pm

People are getting their accounts Hijacked. We need to warn as many people as possible. Tell your friends, and have them tell their friends! Below you will find a post from RawDog on FPSB offering advice for dealing with Steam Support to reacquire your account.

Advice: Just go to SteamPowered.com, go to support and stuff, and your going to have to create an account on there and submit a ticket, you can assign a ticket to a category, make sure he sets it to "Hijacked Steam Account", so they can take care of it faster.

The file you are asked to download is: CS-Slideshow.scr
The link you are asked to go to is http://www.edited-out.net

My account has been hacked. Do NOT trust anything that comes from my account till i repost here.

Please be careful. Do not click any links you do not know or trust. If it is a link to download something, don't download it unless your trust the person sending you the link AND they tell you what it is!
Keep your heads, and watch out for one another!

-More information as we get it
Cleansing Fire wrote:Its like coming home to your family after 5 months away only to find your retarded cousin you didnt know you had is in charge
SwampyTurtle
Regular
Regular

Re: New Hacker on steam

Postby Oakley on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Unlucky. Hope things get sorted soon.
Oakley
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby GalantnostS- on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:29 pm

Wow, that was unlucky, mate. Keep us informed on how it goes.
GalantnostS-
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Blink on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:15 pm

How does going to that site enable access to your Steam account?
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby dissonance on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:27 pm

Do what I do: download maps on another machine, and transfer ONLY the .bsp to your other machine. Make sure you have 'view file extensions' turned on if you're in Windows, so that you can see if you downloaded an .exe or not.
i had fun once, and it was awful.
dissonance
Veteran
Veteran

Postby EagleStrike on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Already been through this on FPSBanana. Originally the guy was targeting FPSB, but a member called XSS3 stopped him by denying him access from the internet via the ISP. Here's what I advised to all the members, and I hope it helps.
As I Walk Through The Valley Of Death, I Will Fear No Evil, Cos I'm The Meanest Fucker In The Valley...
EagleStrike
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby The Wanderer on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:36 pm

Blink wrote:How does going to that site enable access to your Steam account?

i dont know but perhaps it activates the .exe so that an antivirus wouldn't see it as a virus running as a background program and would need more time to find it.

anyhow, thanks for the heads up and i hope u get your account back soon ;)

edit: wow the steampowered forums moderators suck, they just closed the thread a guy posted about it and said they should report it to "Valve Billing and support". They should warn the people...
The Wanderer

Postby zombie@computer on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:28 pm

Wait. so first you are stupid enough to dl such a crappy .scr, then tell US how to be more secure?

"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. I'm-my-own-grandpa" (c) futurama
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Spas12 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:38 pm

so what, i already was confronted with two steam phishers asking for steam login information, one stupid enough to answer back with a regular human response. :roll:
Past Treyarch Level Designer

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby srredfire on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:09 pm

Lol! I was in the chatroom when you got "HAXXED"

He was a pretty nice guy actually.

We talked for a bit, he told me to fear him as a hacker, but then I told him to growl at me or something to be more scary.

Then you PM'd me on steam and you said like, "SRRED!" and I said, "WHAT!?!?!" and you were all "I..." and then you logged off.

Oh yeah, that sucks btw. Get your account back.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SwampyTurtle on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:09 pm

Blink wrote:How does going to that site enable access to your Steam account?

Posted by Alex on FPSB

trust the person sending you the link"
Wrong , I fort the same, So i clicked the link and got my Computer and Steam account hacked , The hacker (VexD) hacks peoples steam accounts and spams the Link around to people on your friends list , I might also say he dosnt just go for Steam accounts .
VexD (If it is him) Goes for any types of logins he can find on your computer , He got my Msn , FPSB , XFire, and everything else i login into , He can also mess around with your computer and can see everything and control everything as you would be able to(As Administrator) If you have clicked the link then Reformat your computer ASAP, There is no other way of removing him .
All his files are hiden and protected so if you wonted to delete them it dosnt let you ,Also changing your IP dosnt help so just to be safe just Reformat your computer then try getting your steam account back .

I went through all this for 3 weeks leaving the hacker on my computer and trying to find ways around him ( Deleteing files , Finding Files) We did everything (Loads of people from FPSB helped me out) to this hacker and find ways around him instead of Reformatting , But there is no possible way you HAVE to reformat , Also been in Safe Mod Does not work either .

EDIT:
Also if you clicked the link Pull your internet cabel out (Dissconnect from your internet ) when connected thats the only way for him to get on your Computer !
Cleansing Fire wrote:Its like coming home to your family after 5 months away only to find your retarded cousin you didnt know you had is in charge
SwampyTurtle
Regular
Regular

Postby Woe Kitten on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Alex has really bad spelling. I'm with Z@c on this one, despite his pro-whaling status :P
Woe Kitten
BioWare

Postby srredfire on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:21 pm

sounds like some sort of trojan
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mat_de_b on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:34 pm

The website is probably downloads a keylogger which then tracks everything you type and eventually your steam account etc...

*EDIT*
Reading above it clearly is an advanced keylogger... Really not all that special, to stop him getting your passwords just turn your internet off pretty simple. Every key press is stored in a file and tehn uploaded to him, so if you can upload he cant get your data...
mat_de_b
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Mr. Happy on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:19 pm

its teh virus!

haha, well, I don't think I've typed in my steam password in well over a year.
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Next

Return to Serious Discussion